Friday, December 2, 2011

A thrifty (quilty) day

Wednesday I happened to stop into an old favorite Thrift store that I had not been to in a while. I was not looking for anything in particular, just browsing.

When I went into the craft section, I came across no less then 50 quilting books. Now I am a quilter, and this was looking like a party ready to happen!

I came away with 10 quilting books and a couple of patterns. All for $10!!!

When I looked at this book -

it was very familiar. As I turned the pages, I realized why.


My version of these patterns.

Although I did not own this book, I had made these patterns with a couple of my quilting buddies. It's a great book, and I know I will enjoy making more. Like this one.............

It's definitely on my bucket list :-)

5 comments:

Betty said...

Your quilts are beautiful. Lucky you to get the quilting books. I am going to see if I can get me a few. I want to learn to quilt.

Cathy said...

awesome quilty finds!

Tammy at Tammy Loves Dishes said...

Wow, what a nice collection of quilting books for such a great price! I love looking through quilting books for fun. I'm sure you will find lots of inspiration for future quilting projects. Fun, fun, fun!

Susan said...

I love these quilts! We share a love of making scrappy, economical qults.

Diann said...

SCORE! What a great haul of quilting books for only $10.00! That is awesome. Thank you for joining TTF and have a great day!