Monday, September 12, 2016

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie

Everyone seems to be calling for Fall as the month of September has made it's entrance. Our weather has been pleasant enough to sit on the back porch and sip my tea and enjoy a new to me literary series.

Have you met Flavia? She is the star of these books by Alan Bradley. They are a little bit of a mystery series, but oh so fun to read. I'm already on my third book in the series.

Just a little bit of a sweet, and my cup of decaf tea to wash it all down.

I'm starting to bring out my Fall china so this Johnson Brothers cup and saucer seemed quite appropriate for today. "Pomona" is the pattern.

Sit back and relax and enjoy the coming of the season.

7 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

That sounds like a good book and your treat with the teacup looks lovely! Still not ready for Fall here though. Whether I like it or not it's on its way however. Your tea table looks very inviting, Jocelyn. Thanks for sharing with us.

Blessings,
Sandi

Antiques And Teacups said...

How fun! A new series to look for! Thanks for the heads up! It is definitely fall here, but so nice you can still sit outside. I love the Johnson Brothers pattern, and the cake looks perfect!
Ruth

Sylvia said...

I don't a lot of reading books but I do a lot of Tea sipping! Love your Johnson Brothers set.

Miss Kathy said...

I recognized that Johnson Bros. cup from the thumbnail and knew I had to drop in for a visit from Sandi's place! The new book you're reading convinced me I was in the right place, for sure! I just wish you'd shared a bit more on this series. I enjoyed the eight books by Susan Wittig Albert about Beatrix Potter--a little bit of mystery, too--some years back in her Cottage Tales series. I'll have to look this series by Alan Bradley up. Curiousity peaked!
Joy!
Kathy

living from glory to glory said...

So glad you are enjoying the fall moments! I am going to look into these books! I wish fall lasted longer and old man winter would hit his snooze button LOL
Love your tea time and your lovely goodies mmmm good!
Hugs...

Stacey said...

I haven't heard of those books...very interesting. Love your china!!

Thanks for sharing at Thoughts of Home. Enjoy these fall days and that pie. :)

The Charm of Home said...

That is the prettiest china!! Love the fall colors! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!