Friday, December 16, 2011

Just a little sweet

I don't know about you, but I tend to indulge in desserts during the Christmas holidays. So for the next week I thought I would share some of our favorite recipes that sweeten up our household.

My daughter makes this yummy dessert recipe. I posted this on my Quilting blog, but thought I would share here too. This is almost like a pumpkin pie cobbler. Serve it warm from the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.



Pumpkin Pie Cake

Ingredients:
2 (15 oz) can canned pumpkin puree
1 (12 fluid oz) can evaporated milk
3 eggs
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 (18.25 oz) package yellow cake mix
3/4 cup butter
1 cup chopped nuts

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease one 9 x 13 pan
2 In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
3. Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over the pumpkin mixture. Melt butter and drizzle over the cake mix. Sprinkle nuts over the top.
4. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until done.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

I'm linking up with............

1 comment:

Quiltin' Sandy said...

That dessert sounds yummy. Here in Australia, I have never seen canned pumpkin. We eat pumpkin as a vegetable, boiled and mashed or baked/roasted. I do have a recipe for a fruit cake though which includes a cup of mashed pumpkin- keeps the cake lovely and moist, and we also make pumpkin scones (biscuits). :) Sandy.