Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sweet Roasted Nuts

Today I am sharing another goodie. These are great to make just to eat, but they make very nice little gifts as well.

My niece made these Sweet Roasted Nuts for us last year and of course we all loved them and wanted the recipe. Well, she basically said she did not have a recipe but told me how to make them.

The cast of characters

1 bag of pecan halves (or 1 1/2 cups)
1 bag of walnuts (or 1 1/2 cups)

Melt 1/2 stick of butter, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, a pinch of salt and a little vanilla in a sauce pan.

Coat the nuts in the mixture and then spread on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. You will know when they are done when you smell them!

Cool on wax paper before storing

I found these little canning jars at Target, and they are the perfect size for gift giving.

I hope you enjoy making these little morsels. They are so delicious to eat and you could make someone very happy :-)

2 comments:

Angel said...

This is right up my alley. Can't wait to make them. Thank you!

Susan said...

Those sounds so delicious, and they look fabulous in those little jars. I will have to look for some of those.