Saturday, December 31, 2011

Seasonal Sunday

Earlier this week I wrote a post about Milk and Cookies. Several people commented on the pretty Christmas dishes that were pictured. So I thought I would share what happened to those dishes.

A sweet lady friend was in an accident and was laid up right before Christmas. After having a back injury myself a year ago, I knew the only thing that this gal would be able to do was #1 read, #2 watch a DVD, or #3 listen to music.

So with that in mind, my daughter and I made up a Tea Party in a Basket. We baked fresh scones, prepared a plate of cookies, I found a perfect Tea book, and added a DVD and CD into the basket. Along with the pretty Christmas dishes.

Tea, Hot cider and Hot chocolate mix to round out the goodies.

It's not a fun way to spend the week before Christmas, but hopefully the Tea Party in a Basket brought a little pleasure during an unpleasant time.

May this Seasonal Sunday be the beginning of a wonderful New Year!

14 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

What a nice thing to do! And I'm sure she'll think of you every time she uses the dishes.

Cecelia said...

What a sweet thing to do!

Pat said...

That was very kind of you and your daughter to do that. I'm sure the lady was very touched by your generosity!

Unknown said...

Jocelyn, you are a gem! I know that she had to be thrilled with your sweet gift.
She'll have a heart smile every time she uses them.

Thank you for your wonderful friendship. I so look forward to a lengthy continuation ...
Happy New Year, sweet friend ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Allie said...

Now that is an awesome gift - I bet she felt better right away! What a lovely thing to do!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Happy New Year!!!
You are very sweet and kind to make up that thoughtful basket!
May God Bless us all in the New Year!
Warmly,
deb
p.s. those are pretty dishes!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful surprise for her!

Here's wishing you a Happy New Year full of blessing!

Cindy Adkins said...

That's a very thoughtful and wonderful gift! I love the basket - I have one very similar that my mother gave to me! Happy New Year!
Cindy

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What a wonderful idea! I'm sure she enjoyed it a lot!

Happy New Year!

Katherine

Marlis said...

great idea!! She will treasure this with all her heart, I'm sure of it. May all your dreams come true in 2012. Happy New Year! xo marlis

Dianne said...

So thoughtful. I am sure she will will treasure those dishes because of the memory now associated with them. Happy New Year. Dianne

Maggie said...

Such a lovely idea and so thoughtful too, I'm sure she appreciated your kindness very much.

MomWaldsPlace said...

What a lovely thing to do. A basket full of seasonal goodness.

Happy New Year and Blessings to You and Yours!

The Tablescaper said...

How sweet and thoughtful. If I ever fall prey to a back injury I sure hope you come to visit me!

Happy New Year.

- The Tablescaper