Sunday, December 4, 2011

Metamorphosis Monday

The last room in our home to find it's "voice" is a small room adjacent to the Family Room. The former owners used it as a workout room.

I had hoped to turn it into a library/reading area but I never could find the right furniture for this use. So for the last year this is what the room looked like.


I decided that this room would mostly be for overflow from the Family Room and a place to watch movies. When I saw Susan's (Between Naps on the Porch) upstairs Family Room I knew that I wanted to add Denim to compliment the Red sofa. On a recent trip to IKEA, I found the Ektorp chair, and knew it would be a perfect fit.


And did you know that the Ektorp chair is made in the USA!!! Yay!!!

I still need to figure out pictures and maybe pillows, so if you have any suggestions I am open to ideas.

I'm joining Susan for Metamorphosis Monday.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a perfect complement, Jocelyn.
Have a lovely week ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

PS Pop over for our GIVEAWAY

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Love the blue in there with the other shades. What a wonderful addition.

E. Charlotte said...

Love that chair!!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

The room looks great...quite a transformation...enjoy

Elaine said...

The chair looks great in there! You have some great pieces. Have you thought about some simple drapes? I don't have any in my whole house, but I have a feeling they would really "finish" each room.

Elaine
Creating Wonderful Spaces

Allie said...

Lovely - and such a bonus that it's made in the US! I think you need to hang a quilt or two!

Chubby Chieque said...

Wow! Perfect combination and it turn out, absolutely gorgeous.

It doesn't look like the old room. Amazinly, what an affordable IKEA can make, right? I live just a stone throw away from the world's largest IKEA and it takes you a day to stroll and it's cool.

EK (oak) and torp (croft) or a cottage.

Happy Monday.
/chie