Thursday, May 31, 2012

Would you pass this up??

Several months ago, I stopped in at one of my favorite thrift stores. It happened to be their once a month 1/2 price day.

As I was looking around, I thought I would check out the linens that are in the back room. I've never found much there, but you know, you just have to take a peek.

And guess what I found all waded up?

This beautiful vintage table cloth plus 8 matching napkins!!


The price??? It was marked $12.99. Sooooooo..............
for $6.50 I brought home these gorgeous vintage table linens.

And just to make sure it all would work, I tried it out, with a tablescape :-)

Now tell me, how could I pass this up??

9 comments:

Sandy said...

What a wonderful find! I love old
linens.... nice!
Sandy

Susan said...

I would never pass up old linens of any kind!

Patty@inStitches said...

I have a vintage cloth and 12 napkins that were my Great Grandmothers. She ran a boarding house for a time before she moved to Colorado. Mother remembers her mother using it at holidays, and I have used it a few times myself. The connection over the generations is great!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Nope you would of been mad at yourself if you passed up that beautiful bargin!

Jane said...

You were very smart to not pass that up! The tables cape looks beautiful.
Jane

Shannon @ DoveNest28 said...

Love it! I have trouble passing up linens also, but with teenagers in the house, don't always want to use them!

SewCalGal said...

Absolutely beautiful. Lucky you. Enjoy. On the other hand, this would make a great base for a project for you to do with the "Linen Ladies" via Cindy Needham's techniques for restoring/renewing old linens.

SewCalGal
www.sewlcal.blogspot.com

Allie said...

Perseverance is key - that's lovely!

fourkid said...

Ohhh, what a great find! I would have snatched it up in a NY minute.
Blessings,
Patti