Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thrifty Things Friday

It has been several weeks since I have found my way to a thrift store. So last week I stopped in at the Goodwill. To my general surprise, the dishes were once again affordable.

The beautiful dishes at the bottom are Johnson Brothers Staffordshire Bouquet Made in England dinner plates. I would love to find more. All of these dishes were $1.06 each! When I was checking out I mentioned to the girl that I was glad to see the prices of dishes back to where they were affordable. In the last few months the dishes and glass ware had been going up and up to the point that I could not see the benefit of making a purchase. Hopefully this change will stay in place. I cannot see buying from Goodwill and paying Antique shop prices.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely dishes you found and glad the prices were better for you! I've been in some GWs and you're so right, the prices are just outrageous! :)
Thanks for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Susan said...

I love those Johnson Brothers dishes. I have three plates just like those.

MomWaldsPlace said...

How does it feel to have people lusting after your plates?

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Glad you found some pretty dishes and the prices are "normal"!
Lunch by the bay sounds heavenly!
Deb

Allie said...

How pretty and so glad the prices came down again - don't know what they're thinking when they raise them!

joyh82 said...

I love going to the thrift stores. My daughter and I did that just the other day. Didn't find much though..sigh. Have a wonderful Mothers Day!

Diann said...

Oh, I love that Johnson Bros pattern! I have a few pieces and would love the whole set. I am glad to hear the prices dropped at thrift store. I can't believe how crazy the prices on dishes have become at the big chain "charity" stores. Thank you for joining TTF this week and I hope you have a wonderful weekend and a very happy Mother's Day!

Debbie said...

We have the same problem here with the prices at GW, especially with things like the dishware. For a while, I thought the ReStore with their better prices would drive the GW prices down, but it appears that the opposite has happened lately and the ReStore prices are up. Sigh.

I love your finds and hope the prices stay reasonable in your neck of the woods.