Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Outdoor Wednesday

This morning, as I sat on the patio, savoring my cup of coffee, I noticed a hummingbird in our back yard. It reminded me of a picture I took about a week ago. These little birds are so hard to capture in a picture, but I have been so delighted to see them in my yard.

When I first saw this hummingbird, I only noticed there was a purple thing going in and out of these flowers. They are so quick. I grabbed my camera and took several shots. My small digital is not very quick to recover but this was the best picture I could get.

5 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, Oh what a glorious little bird. I've been hesitant to put up feeders for two reasons-the first is that we have Grackles that kill smaller birds and it breaks my heart. I don't know if Hummers have predators or not. Secondly, in the past in Ca. the feeders drew yellow jackets and also ants-we have enough ants without trying to attract them. So glad we can get flowers that attract them. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Noreen

Indrani said...

They are too quick, you did get a good capture.

Shirley said...

This is a reminder! I intended to put out my feeders today but forgot. I'll make nectar tonight and put them up tomorrow. They are fast! Hard to get good captures with a point and shoot. Takes luck : ))

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I have yet to get a good picture of my hummingbird that comes yearly. Guess I need to just sit and wait with the camera

Unknown said...

I love hummingbirds, we see them here often, but they're almost impossible to take a good pic of!