Friday, May 25, 2012

A day filled...........

This morning I opened the window in my family room and let the rays of sunshine flood in. I just had to breathe in the smells of Spring. And then, as I was sitting here reading some of your delightful blogs, I heard it. The sweet melody of renewal.

This little Blue Jay was singing his little heart out. Singing and drawing my ear to the wonders of God's world. Oh how I love to hear the birds sing. They don't need to read music, or tune their instrument. They just follow the Great Conductor and sing their songs of love and praise.

And so I am filled. Filled with the warmth of the sunshine and the music of the little creatures.

"For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. " 2 Cor. 4:6

10 comments:

Allie said...

I love this post - how I love to hear the birds, I miss them so much in winter! Along with the sun of course, lol. Basking in the sun and song along with you!

Pat said...

We have a wide variety of birds in our area and I enjoy sitting on the screen porch and listening to them. The gifts we have in nature are so wonderful.

From The Heart said...

I have birds singing..and what sweet music! Beautiful post!

Laura @ BeholdingGlory.com said...

Oh this is so awesome! The birds are so simple... what a great reminder. I am pretty good at complicating life and love this reminder. Thank you!

Virginia said...

I love this post. The world is filled with wonderful, amazing, beautiful things — if only we just open our eyes and ears and hearts.

Pamela said...

I love birds and hearing them sing in the mornings makes me smile. Reminds me of the song, "The birds upon the treetops sing their song...so why shouldn't I, why shouldn't you, praise him, too."

Becky said...

Just this morning, I stopped to listen to the birds singing. I can't tell you the last time I did that before today (sad, I know). It was such beautiful reminder of God's love and also, how nature continually praises Him!

Ruth said...

There have been mornings when dawn had barely broken and I happened to be awake and heard the first song of the morning. I stop and thank God for creation that praises him and my heart responds by not wanting to be outdone. :) How wonderful to enjoy these simple blessings. Thanks for highlighting this one!

Bonnie said...

You write beautifully. Your words are like music and what praise to our Maker!

I felt this same sensation this very morning sitting outside having my morning coffee, listening to the birds and enjoying the peace and contentment of all God's blessings.

Charlotte said...

Me too. I love to hear birds sing. Great reminder of the beauties of God's creation.
Blessings,
Charlotte