Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Holiday cookies

What better way to prepare for the Christmas season than with home made cookies?
                                      
  Nothing is more enjoyable with cookies than a cold glass of milk, or a hot cup of cocoa.A variety of cookies is always a treat. But there are favorites that grace my table every year.


Every Christmas Eve, when my children were small, we would sit around the tree and enjoy MandM cookies. I often made enough to share with neighbors.
And even now that the children are grown, I make a batch and send them home for their families.


Holiday Party Cookies -

1 cup shortening
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
1/2 cup sugar

Blend together, then add

2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt


Blend everything together and add 1 1/2 cups MandM's or Chocolate Chips
Drop by teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.

Aren't they pretty :-) I do place the MandM's on the top. I hope you enjoy them.

No comments: