Wednesday, June 9, 2010

VTT


Happy VTT to you! Please stop by and visit Coloradolady's blog. Not only will you enjoy the thrifty treasures shared today, you will follow Suzanne on a vintage hunt like no other.

Things are starting to heat up around here with the thoughts of packing up and moving. When you have lived in the same house for as many years as I have, well, it's going to be quite a process.

Do you have a favorite serving piece? I have always enjoyed using glassware when I have company. Whenever I am out and about at the thrift stores, I am always on the look out for some pretty piece of glass.

So here are some of my thrifty finds.

For years I have looked at these glass pitchers, but they were always above my budget. So when I found this one in a little antique shop for $7.00, it seemed like the perfect fit.



And my latest find was this Mikasa candle holder during the 50% off day at the thrift store!

Nothing like glass to add a touch of class :-)

Happy VTT!

16 comments:

Paulette said...

I have a soft spot for pretty glass too. You found some great pieces!

LV said...

I love all clear glassware. You have a nice collection. I hate moving and never will again until they haul me off.

Tara Beaulieu said...

I love the glass pitcher, perfect for tea on a hot summer day or sangria on a hot summer night, lol! Happy VTT and thanks for sharing your lovely goodies!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I also enjoy glassware...and try to use it instead of letting it sit in the china cabinet. Clear is so elegant looking!
Your tea party dishes are so pretty!
Warmly,
Deb :)

Coloradolady said...

Beautiful glassware. I love to find pieces like this and put them aside for entertaining. I really like your little pitcher. I am always on the look for those types of pieces. Have a great VTT!

Diann said...

Ohhhh, lots of pretty glass pieces! I love to have a good variety of clear glass pieces. they go with everything so beautifully!

Postcardy said...

The pitcher looks like the kind my mother had when I was young.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I love that second picture -- bowl or dish?? It's really pretty.

CC said...

I detest, I mean I really detest moving. I can accumulate more stuff in 6 months than most people can in 10 years, and I would not want to pack it all,
I love your sweet glassware. It's so pretty. I like serving tiny pickles,olives..etc. in pretty glass dishes.It all looks so pretty then.
Happy VTT..

Unknown said...

All great pieces! I love glassware..anything that shines :)

Blessings!
Gail

Sally Annie Magundy said...

I love all of your glass pieces, so very pretty! We're a family of klutzes and butterfingers over here so we only have a few pieces ... left. ;) WAH!

Happy VTT,
Sally

Michelle said...

Lovely pieces all. The little relish tray especially caught my eye.

Ann said...

All the glass pieces are lovely-just spend extra time wrapping them up for moving. Good luck. Happy VTT

Anonymous said...

Great finds!

Miri said...

Great glass servers...the molded glass bowl is absolutely gorgeous! I also like to use glass...definitely adds a touch of class!

I'm impressed with your photographs-I can't ever photograph glass well.

Karen said...

I really enjoyed looking at your glass pieces. I think the circular plate with the handles might be Fostoria American. Maybe you can Google that and find a match. That is what I collect. If you visit my blog you'll see my Fostoria American punch bowl.
So much fun!
Love your blog!
Karen
Ladybug Creek