Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Cast Iron

This old iron has served many purposes. I am sure many many years ago it was a helpful tool for the homemaker's job of ironing.


I am so thankful for the conveniences of electricity that has made work light.

But that is not the story for today. Today, I wanted to share with you how WE use this old beat up iron.

I found this old iron about 20 years ago. It was a bit rusted up, so my hubby had it dipped so that the iron was like new again. I'm not sure what it was dipped into, but my hubby works with sheet metal and iron, so he knew how to make it look pretty.

One day while he was preparing some meat we could not find the meat pounder. So he grabbed this old iron, covered the meat with wax paper, and used it as a tenderizer. And that is how we have used it ever since.

A couple of nights ago, I needed to flatten some chicken tenders for a recipe.


Chicken tenders

after being pounded

After preparing the meat, you can bake or fry the chicken. It really is an easy way to use the chicken. Whether it is tenders or Chicken breasts. It also is good for venison, as it helps to tenderize it.

No comments: