Monday, July 12, 2010

New addition to the neighborhood


A few days ago, as I was driving to the new house, I spotted these Sand Hill Cranes with their little babies on our street. I'm telling you they looked just like little baby chicks. Yesterday I spotted them again, but the little chickies had grown legs already! They are so cute. One walks with the mama, and the other one walks with the papa. We have also seen a huge deer making a run for it across the yards, and my sister in law saw a big hog on the next street over. I didn't realize there was this much wild life in our area. But there are two Preserves that back up to one area. So we may be in for some other wildlife in the near future.

We are still painting, and the carpets are due in tomorrow :-) Woo-hoo, maybe by the weekend we can start moving in!

3 comments:

Pat said...

How sweet are those birds? (I'm not too sure I'd be equally as thrilled about the hogs!!! LOL)

Allie said...

I LOVE Sandhill cranes! What beauties!

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, you must be a VERY special person...Here you are in the midst of painting and moving and took the time to enjoy God's special creatures...
Sending hugs,
Cindy
The house looks BEAUTIFUL!!!