Wednesday, July 7, 2010

VTT

Wow it has been a few weeks since I have been able to post on Vintage Thingie Thursday. With our move in the very near future, there has been so much going on. Painting and packing mostly. But today I wanted to show you several pieces of furniture that we were able to acquire with the new house.

This is a Thomasville reproduction china hutch that has a date of 1982 on the back. It is a very beautiful piece of furniture, that has been very well cared for. We are going to move it into the dining room after the painting is done.

This is a Drexel secretary which reminds me of one that my Dad had when I was a child. The doors are covered with glass and a screen.

And this piece is a ladies desk. Very dainty.

We acquired all of these pieces from the sellers of the house. In addition to this fabulous bedroom suite.

From what we understand, this bedroom suite belonged to the sellers grandmother. She said she remembers playing on the beds when she was a child 60 years ago.

Please be sure to stop by and visit Coloradolady's Vintage Thingie Thursday. There are more wonderful treasures to see.

And now, back to packing :-)

22 comments:

Coloradolady said...

I can not believe someone would leave these behind...how wonderful for you! The bedroom set is a real beauty!! It amazes me sometimes what people decide not to keep. Have a great VTT!

Protector of Vintage said...

Such beautiful pieces of furniture!!

Nanette said...

That's wonderful all the pieces are so beautiful. The bedroom suite looks like it popped out of a magazine. Just wonderful!
Valerie

Paulette said...

Wow! They are all lovely pieces. I especially love the bedroom set. I can't imagine why anyone would let that go with the house, but good for you!

Vicki said...

Hi, Jocelyn,
You have certainly acquired some beautiful pieces of furniture. I especially love that dainty lady's desk. How exciting to be getting ready for your move, also a lot of hard work but worth it!! Hope your week has been a great one. Sending love and hugs your way~ Vicki

LV said...

You made a wise choice in taking these pieces. They are all very nice furniture. Saves having to move it as well.

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

wow! you did great with the new house! new house comes with new vintage furniture! I love all the furniture that came with the house! can't pick one as fave of course but I do have a soft spot for Drexel. I have one Drexel's console table that I got from the US Embassy here at my side of the world! thanks for sharing. happy VTT

Vonlipi said...

I'm glad you were able to give these fab pieces a new life.

Love the bedroom suite.Happy VTT!

Diann said...

Wow, those are absolutely beautiful pieces of furniture! That bedroom suite is just gorgeous!

bj said...

OMGosh...I am lovin all your beautiful furniture...but most especially that bedroom suit. It is to die for.

Come over and leave a comment on my $70.00 gift card giveaway (to CSN ONLINE STORES). If you win, you can buy something for your new house.:) This is the last day....winner announced Fri. morning.
xo bj

Miri said...

The bedroom set is fantastic! I am completely agog at that roll top ladies desk-its just gorgeous!

Pam Kessler said...

Wow. Love that bedroom furniture. How great that you were able to buy that from them.

Ulla said...

How great to get to buy those pieces of furniture with the house.

andsewon said...

Love the bedroom set too. I can see your beautiful quilts on those beds!!!!
That big hutch will hold a lot of tea cups and tea pots!!!
Hugs,
Lola

Ann said...

These pieces are wonderful. The bedroom set looks really pretty. Lucky you.

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Everything is so lovely! Enjoy!

Happy VTT,
Sally

Unknown said...

WOW!! All are wonderful pieces!

Blessings!
Gail

Unknown said...

OMGosh! Jocelyn! What fabulous pieces your purchased. The bedroom set is beyond gorgeous! I love them all.

I'll bet you are getting excited about getting in & settled ... anxiously awaiting for your decorating pics.

Hugs, Marydon

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Such lovely things! I can't wait to see them all settled into their new old home. :)

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

Those are some amazing pieces of furniture! Very, very pretty. I know you will enjoy them. Also couldn't help but notice the size of that bedroom. WOW! Oh what I wouldn't give to have just one BR that size in our new house.

Rebecca Everett said...

Wow, what a great bunch of extras. Love the ladies writing desk

Allie said...

Wow girl - those are wonderful pieces!