Wednesday, August 28, 2024

A Proper Tea

 "Perhaps you would like some tea, as soon as it can be got." They both declared they should prefer it to anything." – Mansfield Park by Jane Austen


A Proper Tea is much nicer than a Very Nearly Tea, which is one you forget about afterwards. ~A.A. Milne

Tea should be taken in solitude. ~C.S. Lewis

Tea is a cup of life. ~Author Unknown

There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea. ~Henry James, The Portrait of a Lady

You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S. Lewis


I love these quotes. When my granddaughter joined me for tea, I told her all the ways of a Proper Tea. 

2 comments:

roentare said...

Tea pots are looking so elegant

Esme Slabbert said...

Not a big tea drinker, but love the elegance.
Found your post on Full Plate Thursday. My entries this week are numbered #47+48
Hope you will join/share M-Sat at https://esmesalon.com/tag/seniorsalonpitstop/