Thursday, April 6, 2023

Cedar Key Florida

When my hubby and I were dating, we would drive up to the quaint little town of Cedar Key and eat a fabulous seafood dinner. The food was always delicious and plentiful and the atmosphere was charming. We would relish the Cabbage Palm salad, fried shrimp or grouper and top it off with Key Lime Pie.

It has been many years since we visited again, but it sure seems like the masses have found this little hide away town.



Johnson's restaurant is long gone, so we tried the newer Seabreeze.

Although it offered an amazing view, the food was an average seafood menu. I can guess catering to the tourist crowd is never the same as when they mostly fed hometown residents 
 There is a lot of Florida history buried in Cedar Key. Driving across the causeway brought back many memories of this small fishing community. 


10 comments:

Penelope Notes said...

Small but mighty in hospitality it seems. :)

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful memories for you ~ lovely photos too ~ great shot ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Alana said...

I miss Florida seafood (especially grouper). It's too bad when you are looking forward to a delicious dinner and not so much, but I enjoyed those skies and blue water.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Sounds like another little jewel I've never visited. I also remember small local restaurants that are long gone. I like old Florida spots when I still find one.

roentare said...

Wonderful sceneries

Jim said...

Great building.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Looks like a wonderful place full of good memories. Sometimes it's hard to go back to places like this. I find I like the way things used to be better than they are today. I guess I'm old and grumpy!

magiceye said...

Looks lovely!

Linda said...

Sorry that the restaurant was disappointing. I love that last photo!

Light and Voices said...

Cedar Key is changing just like all the quaint little towns of our past. It is what it is. Happy Easter!