Tuesday, July 16, 2019

History on a stick



 
 
Recently I read about these signs that mark historical places along the highway. I've seen them as we travel, but never really paid much attention to them. There is an interesting article in Our State Magazine. I'm sure all the states post these markers. You just have to look out for them as you travel. I've seen them on open highways and near cemeteries.

The next time you are traveling, watch for these signs. Maybe you can catch a key word and look them up online.  Or just stop and read a little bit about the history of that area. You just never know what you might find.
 

1 comment:

betty-NZ said...

These signs are so cool and usually teach you something new about the area. Like you said, they can give you something to look up and research.

I enjoyed your post at 'My Corner of the World' so much this week!


My Corner of the World