Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thrifty Things

Several months ago I found a few pieces of Homer Laughlin Eggshell Georgian china at Good Will.  I have been back several times, but never could find any more.

But at the end of last month I happened to go the the Hospice Thrift store and spied these.


The funny thing is, I thought they were the same Eggshell line, but when I got home, I discovered that these are called Nautilus and not Georgian.  They are very similar in design, but the color of the flowers are slightly different.

The one on the left is Nautilus and the one on the right is Georgian.  Even though they are a little different, I love them none the less.

I am finally acquiring enough pieces to be able to use them all together.  But that doesn't mean I will stop looking for these delicate little beauties :-)

One other thing I found that day was a package of these Depression Glass dessert plates.  Five in all.  They are marked $9 but on the day I was there, everything was half price!

I have been collecting these for a long time as they were started with some cup and saucers that were my Mom's.  


Nothing like a thrifty day to bring a little song in your heart :-D

7 comments:

Shauna said...

Very pretty!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Beautiful dishes! The pattern is so similar that they do work beautifully together. What great finds!!

20 North Ora said...

Doesn't it just make your heart beat fast when you're looking for something in particular and suddenly - there it is!! I know the feeling.

Judy

Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous. I have the eggshell Georgean platter, and I just like all Homer Laughlin. Enjoy!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

always fun to find things to add to a set. With us we are never finshed with a set..are we?

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

Love the glass desert plates!

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

Protector of Vintage said...

Love all the china pieces, especially the depression glass dessert plates!! Have a great weekend.