Sunday, February 19, 2012

What Southerns do on a holiday weekend

Okay everyone is getting a little tired of winter. So what do Southerners do on a holiday weekend?? No beach for us........... we head to the mountains of West Virginia. And SNOW!!

My children love to snowboard, so we headed for the slopes.

Yep, we are flat landers.

Oh boy, we are going through a mountain!

See it doesn't take much to get us excited :-)

Are we there yet??

Um, NO!

woo-hoo, we are starting to see snow on the side of the road!

Getting closer..........

We made it!

And this is the view from the window.

It had snowed the day before we arrived. It was 29 degrees the first night.

Getting ready to make a run.



I took these pictures out the back of the condo. I was not about to get out in that cold stuff ;-D

Although my hubby and I did drive up to the top of the mountain one afternoon.

But we were just being tourists.

The kids had a blast. It was a nice relaxing time for hubby and me too. Catching up on some reading and knitting. Only enjoying God's beautiful creation.

9 comments:

lesthook said...

LOL! That's exactly what my daughter and her family are doing. Looking for snow. I forgot which area they went to but it has snow,which we haven't had this winter.

Unknown said...

Wish we had known, we could have popped over to meet you. Glad you had a fabulous time. WV is such a beautiful state. Our kids are going skiing today also.

Have a lovely week ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

andsewon said...

Sounds like a lovely family time. When my kids were young they and I spent happy times on the slopes of Wintergreen in the Blue Ridge of VA near Charlottesville. Would grab a bus and in 2.5 hrs be on the slopes! Happy memories. WVA is a pretty state. Hope the drive home was nice as well.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

have a great weekend!!

Allie said...

I think anywhere you go, even in the north, you have to travel to find snow! Looks beautiful!

Debbie said...

We're flatlanders from the sweaty south too so this looks VERY appealing to me! I like to snowboard. Ski? Not so much.

Honey at 2805 said...

Looks like fun!

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun trip! Thanks for sharing,great photos Joann

CameraCruise said...

Beautiful photos!
Sounds like you had a great time.
Thanks for sharing.
Have a beautiful day.
Greetings Mette