Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pear Quick Bread

A few years ago I tasted Pear Bread at a friends house. She graciously shared her recipe with me. Very yummy, and a little different then Banana Bread.

Pear Quick Bread

2 1/2 cups flour (you can use Whole Wheat)
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 large eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-3 medium size Bartlett pears chopped (or 1 1/2 cups canned)

In a large bowl stir together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Make a hole in the center and drop in eggs, oil , sugar , milk and vanilla. Beat only until batter is smooth. Stir in pears.
Turn into a greased 9 x 5 x3" loaf pan Bake at 375 degrees in a preheated oven, 50-60 minutes or until center comes out clean.

Place pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen edges and turn out on rack. Cool completely. Store, tightly wrapped in refrigerator, serve at room temperature.

5 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Hi, This looks so good-I would have to switch to gluten free flour but may just have to try it. I'm with you about sunshine vs snow-we are due for a huge storm and I'd be just as happy without it.
Also loved the Wisteria tea room-what a beautiful place for lunch and tea. In a few weeks, I'll be in Carmel Ca. so maybe can find one there.
Have a great evening.
Noreen

MomWaldsPlace said...

The pear bread sounds very nice. We are fond of pears. I make pear sauce like apple sauce and pear sauce for topping. Now I have a new recipe, thank you.

Ummm...can we see more of that beautiful porcelain?

Allie said...

That sounds yummy, thanks!!

Dora, the Quilter said...

Thanks! I made this this morning using Sicilian pears (grown in USA)--next time I'll remember to smoosh it out to the edges of the pan and will cook it for less time. Tastes and looks lovely, nevertheless!

Dora, the Quilter said...

I've been taking pieces of this to my assistant all week. She just loves it. (It's all gone now.)