Wednesday, January 12, 2011

VTT

It's so fun to look for treasures when I go into a thrift store. I seem to look at them with new eyes.

I loved finding this dishcloth with the sweet embroidered girl. I'd love to find some more with the different days of the week.

And then there was this pretty cross stitched tablecloth, in perfect condition.

Things like these are getting harder and harder to find in our area.

And then one day I walked into an antique shop in Plant City, and spied this vintage quilt.

oooo what fun!

Isn't it pretty? This is only the second quilt that I have ever bought, and they are both in perfect condition. And I might add that both times I made an offer and the owners accepted it!

Check out the other fun and fabulous Vintage things at Coloradolady's Vintage Thingie Thursday.

19 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

ooo! Love your quilts with different patterns and colors. Love any vintage linens!

Allie said...

Those are awesome finds, Jocelyn - especially that quilt - wow!

Postcardy said...

I love your vintage linens and quilt.

genie said...

As a quilter and one who loves to do embroidery, I rely appreciate the beauty of this quilt, the dishcloth, and the cross stitched tablecloth. I used to love doing cross stitching, but I can no longer do it because of arthritis and my eyes. These are great buys, and I know you are really going to enjoy using them in the years to come.

LV said...

I was fortunate enough to find the whole week of the kitchen towels. They did not come cheap, but I wanted them. Nto sure why, as I have not used them.

Honey at 2805 said...

Great vintage quilt and linens. What niice finds!

Paulette said...

Love your vintage textiles! Lucky you to find them!

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Someone took very good care of that fabulous quilt. How awesome that you found it Blessings, Debbie

Jeanne said...

I love your quilt you purchased and cross stitch is something I love. Especially the vintage cross stitch from the 40's and 50's. I have a collection of it and I am always on the lookout.
Your quilt has beautiful colors. I know it is a treasure to love.
Hugs, Jeanne

Val said...

Oh how fun!! I would have loved to find these goodies too! Beautiful

Protector of Vintage said...

I can never pass-up pretty vintage linens. You found some lovely pieces!

Ulla said...

The stitched linens are beautiful, but I love your scrappy Churn dash quilt and the fabrics in it. Great finds!

Unknown said...

I LOVE your Churn Dash quilt and the embroidered goods! TOTALLY wonderful finds :)

Blessings!
Gail

SueWis said...

Oh my, those are all great finds!

Anonymous said...

FAbulous finds! I like the dish towel especially.

Coloradolady said...

What amazing finds! I adore that quilt, it is really pretty!! Happy VTT!

John'aLee said...

Oh what lovely finds. I am just getting into hand embroidery...can't believe it has taken me so long!

NanE said...

Great vintage finds. The quilt is gorgeous! Have a great weekend, Nan

Pam Kessler said...

Great finds. I remember those dyas of the week towels. You can find some great stuff in thrift stores if you're persistant. That quilt is amazing.