Monday, January 10, 2011

Tea for Two

When my BFF from cold country came down a couple of years ago, we spent a day at the Tea Room. This is how the "high tea" was presented. Isn't it just lovely?

And if you look very closely, you will see the bottom layer has all the little desserts. But look a little closer. You can see that on the dessert layer are these dainty little demitasse cups. Do you know what was in these delicate little cups?

They were layered with cake, cut up strawberries and whipped topping. A Strawberry Shortcake ala Tea Room! So delicious, and so creative. Who would have thought to serve strawberry shortcake in these delicate little cups? So if you have any little cups just hanging around, even if the saucers are long gone, make up a batch of cake, add some sliced strawberries and top it off with whipping cream. You will be the hostess with the mostess by serving these little gems at your next tea party!

I am joining Lady Katherine, Tuesday Tea for Two, Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday, Martha's Favorites, Sandi's Tea Time Tuesday, Tea Cup Tuesday and Table Top Tuesday.

Have a Tea-lightful Day!

25 comments:

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

This all looks yummy! High tea was one of my favorite things when we visited England.
Hugs,
Sherry

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love your tiered tray and everything looks not only pretty but os yummy. Gorgeous Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Beth said...

What a lovely tea! It's so much fun to go to a tea room with a great friend!
Blessings, Beth

Pat said...

I love seeing what they put together for high tea. What a great use for demitasse cups!

Pat

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Very pretty and yummy!!! Great idea with the little cups.
Warmly,
deb

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I love visiting tea rooms and the one you went to made a wonderful presentation.
Everything on the tiered tray looks yummy.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a lovely tea! Thank you for sharing the wonderful photos. Sounds like an ideal place to spend some time with a good friend. Many thanks for joining me for tea as well. Have a lovely week.

Blessings,
Sandi

xinex said...

Everything looks so good. Pretty presentation. I love your 3 tiered tray...Christine

Allie said...

What a lovely idea! But I'm hungry NOW, lol!

SueWis said...

Nice! I live in cold country, too. How fun to have a tea party!

Unknown said...

Oh how wonderful! I'd love to have a tea party like this!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: That is the best idea for the little cups I have ever seen. How wonderful to have tea with friends. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hello,
yes, I agree with all others. The display looks lovely and it is a great idea to serve some shortcake into such little cups. Thanks for sharing.
Greetings, Johanna

Elaine said...

That tea looks scrumptious! Great idea to serve strawberry shortcake in those gorgeous cups.

Elaine

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

scrumptious! love your table setting!.. the mix and match of china.. look delicious!

Linda said...

What a perfect way to serve a dessert, in a cup. I'm enjoying visiting those that join in Tea Tim Tuesday as this was my first tea party.

Snap said...

Oh, goodness. My mouth is watering. What a beautiful tea. How clever to use the demitasse cups in that manner. Yum!

Pellie / Penny said...

Goodness gracious everything looks delicious, and the tablescape is totally over the top.

Hugs,
Penny

Gmama Jane said...

I LOVE tea rooms and the cup idea is Delicious!
Blessings
Gmama Jane

Holly Moore said...

Such a gorgeous and delicious looking spread! And what a great idea too.

Diann said...

Oh I just love to visit tearooms. Everything is always so beautiful and gives me great inspiriations! This is just gorgeous!

Terri said...

What a delicious and beautiful idea! These little demitasse tea cups now hold new meaning for me. Thank you so much for sharing your tea day with us, and this great idea.
Hugs,
Terri

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I just love that teacup idea...oh, I hope I can remember it!

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness! I love it! That is the cutest thing and such a great idea.

I just gave you a blog award! Check it out at: http://thechroniclesofarookiemom.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-fist-blog-award.html

Have a great day!

Melissa

Donnie said...

That is a lovely idea. Looks like a sweet little tea shop.