Monday, September 7, 2009

Where are the bargains

You know what I read in the paper yesterday?? In the Parade section of the Sunday paper there was an article titled "Secrets of Secondhand Shopping" by Carmen Wong Ulrich. With thritfing being the current rage, she had some pointers about finding the best deals.

Well if you have been junking for a while, you know all the pointers. But I had never heard of narts.org (The National Association of Resale and Thrift Shops) website before. It lists many thrift stores around the country. She also listed shopgoodwill.com and shophousingworks.com . Even the government has a website at govdeals.com (click on "Government Property for Sale"), and govsales.gov .

So if you are down with the flu bug, or it's raining cats and dogs, here is an option for more thrifting :-)

Have a happy thriftin' week!

5 comments:

Pat said...

I love thrift shops and our area has several within a reasonable driving distance. I have noticed, though, with thrift shops now being the rage, that prices have gone higher than what I feel they should be. Anyone else noticing the same thing?

Jane said...

Thrifting must be the current rage....I pulled up to my favorite spot in my hometown on Saturday and I could hardly find a place to park!! I still found some good bargains there. I then went to a large outdoor flea market...although some of the prices were ridiculously high, I did manage to score some great finds there as well (you'll probably see them in some thrifty post soon!)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Thanks for visiting me :) I do hope the package shows up..
Thanks for the tip..I haven't heard of that web site.
Happy Monday.
Deb :)

Protector of Vintage said...

Thanks for the interesting info. I'm going to check-out those websites! Have a great day!!

Nanette said...

Now I knew about shopgoodwill but I'll have to check out the others. Hope you had a good weekend!
Valerie