Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Treasure hunting

For many years, when I would go "hunting" with my treasure seeking Aunt, we would be on the look out for these vintage dishes.






I've collected several designs and have at least 8 to 10 servings for each design. Not as many of the cups though. And unfortunately when I was bringing these dishes down from the cabinet, one of the cups made a crash landing on my unforgiving tile floor :-(

But isn't it fun to use these pretty glass sandwich dishes for a special occasion or luncheon?

                                                    Vintage Charm Party

5 comments:

roentare said...

The dishwares look wonderful

Darlene said...

Lovely for a ladies luncheon.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I love those, a few years ago our Genealogy Society had a tea. We went to the thrift shops to find enough for 35 people. It was so much fun. I still have them. I have the ones you showed and some milk glass ones too. Glad to see you still,posting! Ann A Sentimental Life

Robin said...

I have a dozen of those glass sets in the second photo.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

OMGoodness, Jocelyn! Glass snack sets! I had a ton of these at one time. At the risk of being spammy, I'm going to put a link in here to my blog post about the snack sets in your fourth photo. https://www.delightfulrepast.com/2016/05/pasta-with-chicken-and-spring.html Easier than writing out all my thoughts in a comment.