Thursday, October 5, 2023

Can you believe it?

 

An aerial drone view looking east toward downtown St. Petersburg as hazy conditions continue due to Canadian wildfires on Tuesday.
Photo courtesy Tampa Bay Times

Can you believe it! The last few days we have been invaded by the wild fires of Canada!  It has been limited visibility in the Bay area as the smoke from the Canadian wildfires is being pulled over Central Florida by northeast winds!

                                       Skywatch Friday 

                                   My Corner of the World


10 comments:

roentare said...

I recalled the scene from bushfire smoke obscuring the sun and the sky

magiceye said...

Wonder how long it will take to clear.

Jim said...

Great shot.

Alana said...

Take care and try not to go into it more than you have to - and watch for eye irritations.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Just a reminder how interconnected we all are on this planet of ours. We have got a little bit of the smoke from time to time and I find it quite irritating to my nose and eyes.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Amazing (and scary) that the smoke can travel so far!

Lea said...

I guess seeing is believing, but I am amazed that the smoke is that far south!

Light and Voices said...

Oh my gosh! Canadian fires drifted all the way to Florida. mmmmm nature sure does surprise us for sure.

Klara said...

unbelievable! take care.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oof, I'm sorry! It really points out how inter-connected we are though.