Saturday, September 25, 2021

Pressed Flower

 

This shelf holds several very special teacups in my collection.  Let me tell you why.

This shelf and china holds a place in my heart because it belonged to my very BFF. She was an avid collector of anything tea related. She especially loved English bone china, and enjoyed finding some very pretty pieces. We had been best friends for 20 years. She was the type of friend who always had a smile and loved unconditionally. She was never too busy to spend a little time with you. On September 26, 2004, during one of the wildest hurricane seasons that Florida has experienced, my very dear friend rode the wave of Hurricane Jeanne into the arms of Jesus.


Pressed Flower Page
"In my book of memories there is a pressed flower that fills a page
With gentle fragrance lingering still,
Though it's faded now with age.

The way my friend smiled and laughed,
The many ways she cared,
Are a legacy that she left behind in stories I love to share.

So remember the hearts who've touched your life,
It's what we each are here for.
A pressed Flower gently reminds us
To love and treasure our friendships more."

I miss you Diana........ keep the pot warm.

No comments: