Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Cedar Key Florida

When my hubby and I were dating, we would drive up to the quaint little town of Cedar Key and eat a fabulous seafood dinner. The food was always delicious and plentiful and the atmosphere was charming. We would relish the Cabbage Palm salad, fried shrimp or grouper and top it off with Key Lime Pie.

It has been many years since we visited again, but it sure seems like the masses have found this little hide away town.



Johnson's restaurant is long gone, so we tried the newer Seabreeze.

Although it offered an amazing view, the food was an average seafood menu. I can guess catering to the tourist crowd is never the same as when they mostly fed the native residents 
 There is a lot of Florida history buried in Cedar Key. Driving across the causeway brought back many memories of this small fishing community. 

4 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

Nice tour and info about Cedar Key. Changes always changes
MB

Light and Voices said...

I declare. We have visited Florida many times but I never heard of Cedar Keys. What a lovely spot! With the happy memories that you two share it must be twice as lovely. Thanks for sharing photos of Cedar Key, Florida.
JM, IL

Kathy Walker said...

What a lovely little town! I would sure enjoy walking around the area...and I am always up for seafood!

Molly said...

Looks like a beautiful place

mollyxxx