Thursday, June 12, 2014

A Moment in Time

I recently was sent a book to review from Bethany House.  The title - "A Moment in Time" by Tracie Peterson.  I loved it!!  So much so, that I thought this would make a great companion for a Breakfast in Bed.







Have you ever had days when you feel like you would love to be spoiled by having Breakfast in bed??  


"A Moment in Time" was such an enjoyable read.  The story starts with a young women who has been scarred for life.  But the sweet love story that evolves was so heartwarming.  For many of us, we have scars, maybe not necessarily physical, but they can be deep emotional ones as well.  We tend to try to hide the scars and overcome them in many different ways.  Alice Chesterfield has been left with both physical and emotional scars.  I'm sure in the 1800's it would be difficult for a young woman with a physical scar to find a suitable husband, but Tracie Peterson has woven such a tender story.  One that looks beyond hurts and scars.  Alice must learn to place her trust in God as she seeks a measure of peace for her future, and for her heart.

I would highly recommend this book especially if you enjoy Historical fiction.  It's a very sweet love story that includes light humor and a wonderfully happy ending.  


Home and Garden Thursday
Grace at Home
Home Sweet Home

(Disclosure: I was sent a copy of this book by the publisher, Bethany House for review. I was not required to write a favorable review nor was I compensated for my review. The opinions in this review are my own.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your breakfast tray is lovely, so quiet and serene. Perfect for breakfast in bed!

Sylvia said...

Love your photo's and the book sounds like a good read.

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

What a sweet book - and your breakfast tray looks sweet and charming too! Love the hobnail accessories!

Pamela said...

Oh yes...breakfast in bed, please. That just sounds decadent -- propping up on pillows with a great book and breakfast on your pretty dishes. ~Pamela

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

What a romantic way to have breakfast....definitely need to bring the tray for breakfast in bed...Years and years ago that how I used to stage/make my bed. Now I am wondering why I stopped!