Saturday, January 4, 2014

There's no place like home

The holidays were such a special time for us this year.  We made new friends, and visited with old ones as well.

It always starts out with lots of good food.



The house was full with the laughter and singing of young people.


International students making new friends with American kids and learning about our Christmas traditions.


And we enjoyed meeting the family of a girl my daughter has been tutoring/mentoring.  They are from Sweden and came to the US for the first time. Languages and cultures may differ, but smiles are the International language.

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

Your Christmas was great! Love all around that shows Christ truly is what it's all about,sharing and caring for one another, family and friends.

Diann said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! I just started following you (I actually think I was already a follower but, did it again just to make sure! LOL)

Gypsy Heart said...

Oh my, all that food looks delish! I love that all the young people were there.

I'm a new follower from Diann's TTG.

Pat

The Tablescaper said...

Looks like a perfect holiday.

Wonderful to have you celebrating the New Year at Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper