Monday, January 7, 2013

Quilts and Tea

Quilts and Tea. My two favorite things. Quilting has been almost like therapy for me. I love the whole process. Well, almost the whole process. I like picking out the fabrics, cutting them up, and putting them back together in some kind of creative form! I think I heard once that people in Hawaii don't understand why we cut up a whole piece of cloth and then sew it back together again.

And tea........ yes the comfort of tea. I have collected a fair amount of tea cups and tea pots. Probably enough to open my own tea room. But of course it would have to be a tea room with a Quilt shop attached!

My dear sweet hubby bought this tea cart for me when we were on a trip once. We saw it in an antique shop and asked the owner about it. She told us that it belonged to her mother in law and she was downsizing. So my hubby bought it for me. I really love it! The tea service is one that my own mother in love painted. She was an awesome china painter. We have enjoyed so many of her beautiful things. They are family treasures.

14 comments:

Down Blueberry Lane said...

This table setting is pretty. Love the tea cart. And your mother in love was/is a very talented lady. WOW!!

Allie said...

What a gorgeous tea cart and service!!!!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I have always wanted a tea cart....I think they are perfect to put a tea set on...and invite a friend over!

Victoria said...

What a gorgeous tea cart..stunning table setting...enchanting..charming and beautiful!
Victoria
Visiting from Kathy's bloghop.

Snap said...

Beautiful tea cart and teascape! Happy Tea Day!

Art and Sand said...

What a great concept - a tea and quilt shop.

My sister got my mother's tea cart. I missed out on most of the family pieces because I live in a tiny cottage and my sister lives in a sprawling McMansion. I had forgotten that piece until you brought back the memory of my sister and me playing with the cart.

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

What a lovely tea cart! And, what a sweet husband. Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Pamela Gordon said...

Your tea cart is lovely and your china tea set is so beautiful. I love hand painted china as it's so personal especially if you know the artist.

Bernideen said...

I hope you can post this on my Friends Sharing Tea Blog Party! Lovely post!!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Jocelyn,
How wonderful to have a tea cart! I never see them around here unfortunately. So sweet of your hubby to buy it for you; it's lovely! Of course any lady who enjoys tea must have one. I'll keep looking. Thank you for sharing this with us and Happy New Year, my friend!

Blessings,
Sandi

Bernideen said...

Love your treasures...wonderful cart!

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

What a treasure that pretty tea cart is!

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

What a treasure that pretty tea cart is!

Life according to Lenetta said...

Hi, Great post. I found you through the blog hop. Now following you.Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance.
Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that we just started, It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Here's the link in case you want to check it out. Thanks again.http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup-html