Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Outdoor Wednesday

A couple of weeks ago I showed you a huge Bougainvillea that is growing on the side of our house.  It has bloomed even more, as we have enjoyed wonderful warm weather.

Here is the view from the front of our house


Let's get a little closer


Such a unique flower.
Now let's step through the gate and see how it looks from the back yard.



There are other flowers blooming in the yard.


These Pentas were planted last year and they are still blooming.

I received a beautiful Hydrangea for Mothers Day last year, so I thought I would see if it would grow in my yard.

It looks like little buds are appearing.

More Pentas


And these Roma Tomatoes are still growing!

Have I mentioned that I love living in the south :-)

7 comments:

Jen said...

I wish my patio received enough sunlight for those. They are beautiful and unique.

Beth said...

Your flowers are beautiful! We are expecting 5-6 inches of snow overnight here! :-(
Oh well, guess like everyone else, I will bloom where I'm planted.
Beth

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Grow tomatoes, Grow! That's a plus for living in the south!

Martha's Favorites said...

Beautiful! My flowers are not blooming right now. Blessings, Martha

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful flora and landscape photography ~ especially since I live in MA and we have had snow and ice and now rain ~ Thanks for the beauties!

Carol of A Creative Harbor ^_^

RNSANE said...

I just love bougainvillea. Traveling extensively in the Caribbean, India, and Southeast Asia, I have seen some of the most incredible ones, of every beautiful color - massive vines that seem to go on for miles. I love all their hot colors.

My Outdoor Wednesday is at:
http://rnsane.blogspot.com/2013/01/outdoor-wednesday-212-hills-of-pacifica.html

Peggy said...

This is the time of year when I'm envious of all of you who live where the weather is nice this time of year. I am in nw pa with lots of snow. It's hard for me to imagine that you have flowers already. How beautiful! Peggy from pa