Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Banana Loaf

Years ago a friend shared this Banana Bread recipe and it's been a long time favorite with my family.

The cast of characters -

2 sticks Butter or margarine (melted)
2 cups sugar (cream together with butter)
Add 2 eggs, one at a time, beating well.

Alternate the following:
3 cups flour, sifted
1 tsp salt
3 large RIPE bananas, mashed
1 tsp baking soda mixed with 1/4 cup buttermilk

Add 1 tsp vanilla
optional 1/2 cup chopped pecans


Pour into 2 greased and floured loaf pans
Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until center is firm and toothpick comes out clean.

This is the yummiest Banana bread I have ever tasted. So very moist. We cut into the first one and freeze the second. But it isn't long before the second one pops out of the freezer.


6 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Sounds yummy. I do so love banana bread and always looking for a better recipe. I look forward to trying this one. I'm sure it is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Shirley said...

Love banana bread. This sounds good and moist. I always seem to have over-rippened bananas around.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sorry I had to delete my other comment typo...But I wanted to tell you I love this banana bread,I will need to try,seems like I always have a few banana's that ripen so fast,and I will not hardly ever throw out anything.Love this recipe!Thanks for sharing I'm visiting from Foodie Friday.

The Charm of Home said...

We love banana bread here! Sounds delicious! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Kathy said...

Love banana bread. I have a few bananas that could be made into bread - perhaps I'll do it and greet Dearest this evening with the wonderful aroma! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy