Sunday, October 9, 2011

A big comfy room

Again I am taking you on a little tour of our house. This time we will see the changes in the Family Room.

The Family room before we bought the house.

The empty Family Room

We moved the big china hutch into the formal dining room and brought ours from our old house.

The blue cabinet is an old wardrobe that is over 100 years old. My sweet hubby painted it for me, and I use it to store extra dishes and serving pieces.

The Family Room is definitely a much more comfortable and relaxed room. All of the furniture came from our old house.

I found this rug at Sam's Club last year. It fit so well with the blues and browns.

We have a nice open space with the kitchen and eat in area.


We enjoy having company over for a casual dinner. We open up the table and let everyone hang out in this big comfy room.

Joining Susan for Metamorphosis Monday

and Decor to Adore Fall in Love with Your Home

10 comments:

Val said...

Well, I am already in a mood....now you make me want to rearrange and change things up. Your family room looks so comfy!!!

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

What a pretty room! I love how open everything is. Great job on finding the rug. I've found that it's very hard to find rugs with blue in them. When you find one, you have to jump! :)

Have a great week.
Pam

Allison Shops said...

What a great, big space. I love the openness in our home, so I know you do too. Lucky to have so much space. The changes look nice.

Dropping by from BNOTP.

Allison
Atticmag
Hidden Laundry

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Looks so inviting and open!! What a great place to entertain or just relax at home.

Melody said...

What a beautiful room.

Unknown said...

I love that your room is so bright and spacious. It would be a great room to prepare a meal while visiting with guests. The rug is a lovely pattern. I'm also stopping by from BNOTP.

Anonymous said...

You have done such a lovely job of making this room so comfortable and inviting! Love the space.

bee blessed
mary

Allie said...

I'm feeling the need to do some nesting after looking at your pics, lol! How lovely!!

Toni said...

Everything looks so warm and inviting. I love that rug. I recently has hardwood floors put in the whole first floor, and am needing rugs. I would never have thought to look at Sams. Thanks for sharing.

Pat said...

What a great room that is! It says comfy and cozy to me!