Thursday, December 14, 2023

The Bayshore

 Bayshore Boulevard (locally known as the Bayshore) is the longest continuous sidewalk in the United States. Located south of downtown Tampa, it is 4.5 miles long. 



With a view of Harbor Island, there is a bike lane, benches and workout stations along the way.

Tampa General Hospital is just across the bridge on Davis Island. 

Bayshore Blvd. is also the harbor for the Gasparilla boat.

                                                    Skywatch Friday   

                                                     My Corner of the World

10 comments:

Timelesslady said...

I just read today that Tampa is one of the best places to go for retirement. Lovely photos. I love long walkways.

roentare said...

Great cityscape

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Beautiful blue, Florida skies

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

That's my kind of sidewalk. What a thing to have to where you can walk, run, or ride your bike for miles.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

What a great walk, and a beautiful day for it!

magiceye said...

Beautiful photography!

magiceye said...

Beautiful photography

Jim said...

Beautiful.

Alana said...

Memories - I lived, for several months in the 1970's, in walking distance of Bayshore Blvd. It's wonderful to exercise walk on. So many sights! I had family at the time who lived on Davis Islands. I think I last walked it in 2018, on a visit to the area.

Photo Cache said...

That's a perfect spot to explore the city when you're visiting.

Happy Holidays.

Worth a Thousand Words