Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Fort Island

 Hubby took me for a ride on Saturday. We drove north on US19 and made some unique discoveries. 

The first place was Fort Island Gulf Beach. Driving about 10 miles west of US 19, on a long mostly deserted drive, we came to this beach.

Neither of us had ever heard of it before.

There were people there, sunning and enjoying the sandy beach.

At the end of the road was a small pier and a place to drop boats into the water.


And if you look farther north you will see the Crystal River Power Plant.


The beach is really remote and reminded me of how the beaches used to be years ago before all the condos and hotels started lining the landscape. 

                                     Skywatch Friday 

                                   My Corner of the World


8 comments:

roentare said...

This beach looks magnificent!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

It looks like Old Florida to me - beautiful!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Sounds like my kind of place. Beautiful!

Jim said...

The beach looks great.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

That looks like a nice beach to me.
Love the power plant, looks like a big coal powered plant. I googled it and it is coal and natural gas and at 3449 kw capacity is huge!! (by Oklahoma standards anyway)

Alana said...

I am not at all a fan of crowded beaches. This would be more what I would enjoy.

Yvonne said...

How nice to find a remote beach in this day and age. Nice photos of your trip.

Kirsi schreibt said...

Oh your photos, the beach, the ocean - it's holiday time,
greetings
Kirsi