Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Murder by Page One

 


Murder by Page One by Oliva Matthews is a new cozy mystery series. 

Peach Coast Georgia is the new home to Marvy Harris. Moving from Brooklyn to a new position as the Community Engagement director, she is bringing her passion to the local library level. Only being a resident of Peach Coast for four months, she befriends Jo Gomez, the owner of the small town book store, To Be Read. While preparing for an authors book signing, Marvy, Jo and friend Spence come across a dead body in her store room. The mystery builds as Jo is accused of the murder and Marvy is determined to prove Jo is innocent. 

Matthews writing is strong and descriptive. Coming from the Big Apple myself into the south, I was humored by Marvy's lack the Southern verbiage. I felt the story was engaging and the mystery kept me wondering WHO did it! If you enjoy cozy mysteries, this one is for you. An easy clean read but one that keeps you guessing.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from Hallmark Publishing and NetGalley. All views expressed are my honest opinion.

No comments: