Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on our blessings.  I am very grateful for so many things.  A loving husband, a good family, special friends.  But I am most grateful to God for the mercies He shows towards me every day.

So at Thanksgiving, it really isn't about the turkey and food.  It's about giving Thanks. To our Creator who has given all things for us to enjoy.



I started collecting the Friendly Village china several years ago.



 Each piece was purchased from our local department store at the end of Christmas sale.




 The day after Christmas, the department store would mark down all of their clearance 1/2 price.



Which had allowed me to collect quite a nice table setting.




Our little Pilgrim was carved by a friend many years ago.


I hope your table will be surrounded by friends and family.


Wishing you a Happy and blessed Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

YES, God has so richly blessed me and my family. I am very thankful for all He does and for the gift of salvation!
Your table is pretty. Love the pattern that you are collecting.
Happy Thanksgiving.
warmly,
deb

andsewon said...

Very pretty. Love Friendly Village china. No 50% of sales round here. Such a popular pattern they sale all year round. We now enjoy Thanksgiving with our son and his family. We have our dish assignments to bring though...;-)

Sarah said...

Lovely! You will enjoy the dishes. They set a pretty winter table.

Rosie M. said...

I love your table. Don't you just love Friendly Village? I have it as well and always look forward to using it over the holidays. I love your pitcher!! I noticed, too, that your flatware is the pattern I grew up with in my home: is it Coronation? It looks so pretty with your plates. Have a wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

Anonymous said...

You did a great job of collecting the Friendly Village...love it all and am especially coveting that tureen! Lovely table!

The Charm of Home said...

Beautiful table!