Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's VTT

It's so fun to find a thrifty deal. I sometimes go to antique malls, and look at all of the beautiful (and expensive) goodies. But then I head to the Goodwill or Hospice Thrift stores to find a bargain.

On Saturday, I found a thrift store that was having a Grand Opening. This store had a LOT of clothing, and not very many household items. But I did find this little juice glass.

This was the first time that I found one in this size. I've collected many glasses in this pattern, but they are all the normal size glass. It was a grand total of 39c.

Then I scored on these.............

Sheffield Cutlery made in England, with a lifetime blade :-) These were in a box with other utensils. One box said 59c and the other 69c, so I wasn't exactly sure how much they would cost. When I went to check out, there was a new girl at the register. She did not know the price either. She started to ask me, but the other guy behind the counter told her they were 19c each!! She looked at him, and he showed her a paper and she agreed. WOW! The two pieces came to a whole 38 cents.

So it was a happy Saturday for me. Hoping to find more great thriftin' bargains this week.

Join ColoradoLady and visit the other Vintage posts at her blog. Happy VTT!

5 comments:

Coloradolady said...

Great finds and unbelievable prices. Have a great VTT and a wonderful weekend.

Jane said...

You really scored with three items all for under $1.00. Great finds!!

Marie said...

Happy VTT! Lifetime blades, oh my!

Allie said...

Wow you did good!!!!

jannza said...

When I was a little girl, we had those glasses. I just love them. A couple of weeks ago, I went into our churches thrift store and found two tall gold ones. Bought them both and decided to keep looking for more.

Thrifting is so fun!