Saturday, September 26, 2009

This Old Bed and Breakfast

While on our trip through North Carolina a couple of weeks ago we stopped in an old antique shop. I can't even remember which town it was, but this building had been an old Bed and Breakfast and was converted into an Antique shop.

It was a really neat building to roam around in. I found a knitting bag with some yarn inside. There was no price, so I asked "how much". The lady said $2.00.

When I dug down inside, there was a whole container full of crochet needles. Surely worth more then just $2.00. My daughter was thrilled to have new size needles.


As we traveled around in the area, we came upon this elegant building.

Now I know absolutely nothing about golfing, but apparently this is THE place to golf when you are in North Carolina. It has been here since 1900.

How about this elegant hallway -

I'm sure there isn't anything in this place that cost $2.00. Well, maybe a pack of gum or something ;-)

On one of our final evenings, we went to dinner at the Ellerbe Springs Inn, a very OLD Bed and Breakfast.

And let me tell you, this place was OLD, but they made the BEST southern fried chicken that I have had in ages. So I guess the old adage of don't judge a book by it's cover, also applies to old hotels.

Enjoy your thriftin' weekend!

3 comments:

Nanette said...

Your trip looks like a lot of fun. I would have loved to go to dinner at the bed and breakfast!
Valerie

Allie said...

Wow - beautiful places to visit! I miss the South and its beauty.

Jane said...

Looks like you had a great trip through North Carolina....great thrifty find on the yarn and crochet needles....even on vacation!!