Monday, June 4, 2012

Grill Hut

My husband is an exceptionally good cook. And like a lot of men, he enjoys grilling.

For years he grilled on a Weber kettle.

At some point he decided that he needed more grilling space, so he bought a second grill. Then in order to handle two grills and the food he was grilling, my hubby designed and built a Stainless Steel grill table.

We have a nice large deck off of the back of our home, so this is where the table ended up for a while.

BUT as things would have it, my hubby thought it would be a good idea to have some kind of covering over the grill table, to protect the grills from rain and the droppings from our trees. Last year we saw a grill hut at Sam's Club, but it was too small for the grill table. My hubby considered making a custom one to fit the table.

This year I saw another Grill hut at Bj's that looked a bit larger. Sure enough when hubby went to measure it, he knew it would work.

So here it is........... The Grill Hut

Lots of room to set things up, a hook system to hang paper towels and cooking tools and a counter if you want to serve your food right from the grill (there are pans beneath the grill to catch the charcoal ash and drippings).

I like the Grill Hut facing the deck this way. Eventually I'd like to string some lights for night time grilling.

Looking at the Hut from the backyard.

So many people asked about the Hut from my post last week, that I thought I would write about this little backyard beauty. It sure makes a man happy to grill in style :-)

14 comments:

Debbie said...

My husband is a Weber man from way back. It's what his dad used so...
He would absolutley love this grill hut. We are four season grillers around here, and he has been known to wheel it just inside the garage when it's raining. I love this.

Unknown said...

My son just bought a Weber. so love this set up for your grills. Very clever idea.

Have a beautiful day ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

GIVEAWAY ends 6/5

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

I'm super impressed by the grill table and the grill hut just takes it to the next level! I love how it adds more counter space, somehow grilling always requires more space than we have:)

Jessica
stayathomeista.com

thistlewoodfarm said...

I love this grill table! What a fun idea. I never thought of covering the grill. Thanks so much for inpiring me (and a surprise for my husband)!

Happy day!
blessings,
karianne

we three dogs and me said...

Great idea. I know what you mean. I get pollen from my pine tree and leaves and buds from maple tree. they make a mess on my deck.

Allie said...

How AWESOME is that - now he needs a special man apron!!!

Dora, the Quilter said...

Wow, that's impressive!

Sharon @ mrshinesclass said...

How cool is that! And I learned something today.. I didn't even know grill huts existed.

sharon @ mrs. hines class

Bunny Jean said...

I am so glad you shared more about this grill and the grill hut. (I was one of those who asked.)

You certainly do have a large deck! I can see why your husband wanted such a nice large BBQ. I can't believe he made that... so nice to have a handy husband.

That hut is just the perfect size. How lucky that you came across it!

Thanks for sharing again at my Bunny Hop Party!

xoxo Bunny Jean

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

We grill out almost every night in the summer and my husband would love your grill hut and the bbq table. Thanks for linking to the Open House party and have a great week.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How awesome! I'll show it to my sweet hubby...I know he would love this set up, too! Happy summer!

Anonymous said...

It's obvious your husband is serious about his grilling! I've never seen a grill hut, but it looks very handy. We usually have to replace our grill every frew years when it gets rusty from the outdoor elements. One of those huts would be perfect for us too. Thanks for showing everyone your wonderful set up and thanks so much for joining me at the Grill, BBQ, and Picnic Party!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Linked from Cozy Home Scenes Party. Love your grill hut! If we had one,I would never cook a meal inside again. ;-) Have to show it to my hubby. Pam

Anonymous said...

That looks so wonderful! You are so lucky to have a handy husband, too.