Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pyrex Love

I admit it.  I love Pyrex!  With so many designs and colors to choose from, they can make any kitchen glow.

I search for nice pieces whenever I go to the Goodwill.  Not too many are found in our area, but when I find them, I love to add them to my small collection.

These first two bowls were wedding presents and are approaching 40 years of almost constant daily use.

We were given a set of these bowls and the matching dishes.

Along the way I have acquired these other pieces.



And one day, when I was shopping with my daughter at a little Antique shop, one booth had a 50% off sign.  I was so overjoyed to find these two lovely AQUA Pyrex bowls.

I could not pay for them quickly enough.  I would LOVE to have a whole set of this design.

Now if you want to find out more about the different patterns, go to Pyrex Love  and enjoy!


13 comments:

Tanya Rachelle said...

Fun pyrex. So nice to have some thing that is used so often and is the go-to dish. I love how you know exactly how much the dish holds and it is always the perfect one you reach for. Fun pics.
~Tanya

Patty@inStitches said...

Oh, yes. I have those two aqua bowls also - what's left of the three that were a wedding gift, also 40 years ago.
Out here there are several Pyrex collectors, and they always go very high at auctions!
Love the snowflakes!

Bernideen said...

I still have some from when I got married (1968) and before she passed, my mother in law sent me her bowls that I had given her years ago.

LV said...


The malls I have been to have some of the best in Pyrex. I do not use what I have. The prices are are a bit high.

Antiques And Teacups said...

I love pyrex as well...especially the blue and white patterns. Great collection! Happy VTT!
Ruth

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Your Pyrex is so pretty! Love the green bowels at the top!

Beth said...

Hi Jocelyn, Loved this post! A trip down memory lane! I had the bowls in the first and second photo - not sure if I still have them or not. I need to look back into the depths of my kitchen cupboards and see. I do have others that I use regularly.

Quinn said...

I'm a big Pyrex/Corning/Flameware fan, too. It's almost the only thing I cook or serve in.

Recently I received a box of assorted bowls from my parents' cupboard, which I will probably sell on eBay, because I have a tiny kitchen and no room for duplicate items. It will be the first time Pyrex has ever *left* my house, though!

The Joyful Thrifter said...

Oh how I love Pyrex. I actually had to stop buying it because I have to many lovely pieces, so now I am more selective.

Yours are lovely!
Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter

The HOME GIRL said...

WOW!!! I had no idea that Pyrex made such cute things! I always thought of them as the ones who just made my glass measuring cups! haha! You have a lovely collection! =D

Unknown said...

You have some lovely pyrex. I think they make the most gorgeous dishes but sadly I've never been able to come across any nearly as pretty as your ones. Great finds!
Lisa @ the thrifty challenge

ThrifterSisters said...

Pyrex is definitely an addiction. Not a week goes by that I don't bring home a new piece!

Erica

Diann said...

Wonderful pieces of Pyrex. You can tell you take very good care with them because the ones you received for your wedding look beautiful. Thank you for sharing at TTF.