Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Chicken Enchiladas

My daughter loves to try new recipes.  And she has come up with some very tasty meals.  Recently we had a Mexican feast.  We all gave it a score of 10!!  If you like Mexican food, give this one a try.

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas Recipe:


 Ingredients:

Marinade:
6 tablespoons honey
5 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Enchiladas:
1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded (I usually boil 4 chicken breasts and shred them)
8-10 flour tortillas
1 pound Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
16 ounces green enchilada sauce
1 cup heavy cream

Directions:
Whisk the first four ingredients and toss with shredded chicken in a Zip-loc bag.  Let it marinate in the fridge for at least a 1/2 hour, but preferably a half day or so.  Pour about 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9X13 baking pan.  Fill the tortillas with chicken, saving marinade, and shredded cheese, saving about 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas.  Put rolled tortillas in 9x13 pan as you go.  Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with the cream and leftover marinade (if there is any).  Pour sauce on top of the enchiladas.  Sprinkle with remaining cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until brown and crispy on top.

11 comments:

Quinn said...

That sounds delicious! Marinating is such a simple and wonderful thing, isn't it? You've reminded me to do it more often!

Bernideen said...

I love Chicken Enchiladas and Mexican food in general. Truth is - ALL FOOD! I will be printing this recipe out to try and I hope you come post it tomorrow at "Open House"!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Yum! I love Mexican food, Jocelyn. Chicken anything is a favourite of mine. Thanks so much for sharing this at my HOME. Hope you're having a wonderful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

A Garden of Threads said...

Sounds wonderful.

Bernideen said...

I had just gone upstairs to try to remember where I saw the chicken enchilada recipe and it took me a few minutes of backtracking to find it - now I have it printed out!!! Thanks for linking it to Open House!

Shane Pollard said...

Awe - love the sound of this recipe - Mexican food makes a great change.
I'm always looking for new ways with chicken!
Thanks Jocelyn.
Shane ♥

Gail said...

I also saw this recipe on other blogs, but not sure whose was the original. Sorry that we can't pin from your blog, but thanks for the wonderful recipes!

Southerncook said...

This sounds yummy and one I will try soon. Will make my copy now. Thanks for sharing it.

Carolyn/A Southerner's Notebook

Donna said...

I love enchiladas but have never attempted them at home....YUMMY!

Karen's Place said...

Trying this recipe tonight and can wait. I found your blog and am so delighted I did. I collect teacups too :)

Kathy said...

Oh, yummy! Wish I had all the ingredients today - this sounds fantastic! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy