Monday, October 19, 2009

Tea Things Tuesday

Our gracious hostess Kim from Shabby Pink and Pretty has invited us to another week of Tea Things Tuesday.

Last week I shared a lovey teacup with flowers that looked like mountain laurel. I noticed that I had a creamer and sugar bowl that had similar flowers.

I found this lovely trio in the Windy City when I visited my daughter a couple of years ago. It was found in an antique mall in Oak Brook. The markings on the bottom say - Old Royal Bone China - England. I fell in love with the little matching set and had to bring it home with me.


Even though it is not an exact match, I think it goes very nicely with the tea cup.

Please be sure to stop by Kim's blog and visit the other wonderful tea offerings on Tea Things Tuesday.

15 comments:

Mary said...

They look perfect together! Most people prefer to have things a little less matchy, especially if they have similar colors and flowers, such as yours do. I love the shape of the creamer...very pretty!

Happy Tea Tuesday!
Mary

Bluebell said...

Hi, I love your set and the cup and saucer looks quite at home with them. My daughter is having a shabby chic wedding and I have been collecting cups saucers and plates for a year now, all different but she wants each guest to have one at their place setting.If you look at some of my older posts you will see some of the one's I have collected, she needs over 100 they have all been bought at charity shops (thrift shops) I will visit again. Jill

Barbara said...

Beautiful. I like when things don't match, I just have a mental block doing it myself. Everyone elses look great, mine looks like nothing, but I am working on it.

Barbara

Erica (Irene) said...

They are very beautiful.....I like when things don't match.Your set is very pretty.

Have a Happy Tea Tuesday!

Jane said...

Very pretty tea set. I like that it is a trio with the creamer as well. A cup of tea would be nice here this morning!
Jane

andsewon said...

I love your mix...all so pretty too.
Enjoy your tea today!
Lola

ellen b. said...

Oh the flowers on this set are so sweet. Love them. Happy TTT to you...

Bunny said...

Love your tea things today so very pretty.
Have a nice cup of tea and enjoy.

Pauline said...

How pretty! well done :o)

Nanette said...

They do match well. Very pretty!
Valerie

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

Just wanted to say "hi", and thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me a sweet comment.
God bless you,
Traci

Allie said...

VERY sweet - I can see why you fell in love with it!

Vicki said...

Hello,
That is such a sweet creamer and sugar and little tray they are sitting on. I, too, think they match your cup and saucer from last week very well. Blessings to you and enjoy your evening! Vicki

Caron said...

Those are beautiful. I have some tree ornaments that are teacups and saucers and have enough tea-related things to do a small tea tree at Christmas.

{oc cottage} said...

How delicate & pretty!!

m ^..^