Monday, October 19, 2009

Flea Market Party

Well I am a little late but I am jumping onboard for the Flea Market Fancy Marketteer party. This looks like so much fun, and I hope you will visit all the other participants. Be sure to leave a comment that you are visiting.

My daughter has really been finding some great bargains in her yard sale ventures. A few weeks ago she bought some very lovely linens. I think she told me she paid $2.00 for a full size sheet, 2 pillowcases, 3 or 4 dresser scarves that are all beautifully crocheted. They also have the little eyelet stitching, which I am sorry but I don't know what it is called.

All I know is they are very lovely. And the stitching is beautiful.

This past weekend my daughter was out early again and this time she snagged these lovelies.....
Fiesta Ware in an assortment of colors. They were in great condition and the lady who sold them reduced her price for the whole set.

I love to quilt, so I was thrilled to find these quilting magazines for 25c each.

The one on top is an Australian magazine that runs about $10 at the craft store. It was a great find as well as the other current magazines.

I hope that you will have fun visiting the rest of the Flea Market party. I am on my way there now :-)

Happy thriftin'!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it great to find those quilt magazines at thrift sales? They can be more that $4 each retail! I love getting them cheap. Think of all the fun things you can make now.

Michelle
www.TrashToTreasureDecorating.com

Allie said...

I'm drooling over the Fiesta - yummmmmmmmm! Great finds!

Unknown said...

Great buys!! That sheet set is adorable.

Gwen said...

Jocelyn, that was a great deal on those mags!

Those sheets are so beautiful! I would be afraid to wash them.

Vicki said...

Hello, Jocelyn,
Your daughter has made some fantastic buys. I love the crocheted linens and the fiesta ware. I am sure you will enjoy your magazines, too. I love to snuggle up with a good magazine to read, don't you? Thank you so much for stopping by for a cup of tea today. Blessings to you! Vicki

Yaya' s Home said...

Oooh, I am just in love with those linens. What a beautiful find. You have some real treasures, here. Congratulations. ~ Yaya

http://yayashome.blogspot.com

cindy said...

I'm weak in the knees over the linens...gorgeous! Your daughter found some great stuff :o)
peace.

Shelbie said...

cute tea cups!! i love the little saucers they're on. great finds!

Protector of Vintage said...

Wow! What beautiful treasures!! Love the pink accents on the linens. Have a nice evening!