Thursday, October 8, 2015

Streams of Mercy - a review



 Streams of Mercy

This is the first book I’ve read by Lauraine Snelling. Although the writing is good, I found the book confusing. Too many characters, some in one household, others extended family. Slow moving at first, it was difficult for me to follow the story line, as many elements appeared to have happened in the first two novels.

The characters are pleasant and show much Christian love. The onset of a devastating disease in the little town of Blessing rang true to me. Having lost a sister to this very disease enlightened me to how deadly it is.

If you enjoy historical fiction with a Norwegian flare, I would recommend this book only after reading the first two. Ms. Snelling is an excellent author which kept me reading.

This book was sent to me as a pre-publication by Bethany House for my honest review. 


1 comment:

NanaNor's said...

HI, I'm so glad that you felt the same way I did about this book; I haven't finished it yet though.ngreat review!