Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Vintage Goodness

Last week my family enjoyed a quick little get away in the lovely state of Georgia. While our guys played, my daughter and I went off in search of vintage goodies.

Susan from Between Naps on the Porch has mentioned on her blog a place she frequents in Alpharetta, so dear daughter and I took off one morning to find the Queen of Hearts.

And let me say right up front, this place did NOT disappoint. Would you like to see what welcomed us into this Antique mall?

Now not every booth was this packed with sets of china, but this sure blew me away.

I really loved this sign.

And my heart throbbed when I saw this wicker chair.

Unfortunately, there was no way I could have taken it home with me, so there it sits, waiting for YOUR porch.

But we did find a few little things to bring home.

I bought this cake stand, and I'd love for someone to tell me if it is Fire King, or milk glass, or are they both the same?

This is what it looks like underneath.
I also bought this sugar and creamer because I thought it matched pretty well.

We also stopped at a Salvation Army store and I bought these glasses.

At $5 I think they were a good price for all four. I've seen these same glasses listed for $5 each.

We bought a few more things, but I can't show all, as there are inquiring eyes :-) Happy thrifting!


18 comments:

Linda said...

Great finds. Love the hobnail cream and sugar.

Allie said...

SCORE! What a great place, and wonderful treasures you found!

Cathy said...

lovely! I am always searching for a milk glass cake plate!!!

Coloradolady said...

What a place to shop!! I have a cake stand just like that, and I thought it to be milk glass....now I am no expert by the way! I would have had a fine time in that booth with all the china!! Happy VTT!

Betty Lou said...

The original glasses were Fostoria and the little bumps have more of a point. In the late 80's early 90's WalMart sold reproductions., their bumps are more rounded when you feel them. I originaly bought 12 glasses from WalMart and still drink my ice tea out of them every day. Unfortunately, I only have 6 or 7 left. Have been able to purchase a couple at antique malls. You got yours at a good price.

GardenOfDaisies said...

What a great store! I'd love to browse around in there!! I LOVE milk glass too. I have a cake stand very similar to the one you found. The glasses are pretty. There are a couple of glass patterns that look kinda similar to each other... Fostoria "American" and Indiana Glass "Whitehall". In this picture they don't look like American, as the sides are too straight... could be Whitehall. Either way, they are really pretty!!

Vintage Whimsy said...

Beautiful!!

MomWaldsPlace said...

That antique mall is simply amazing. So many vintage dishes in one area! How could you bear to leave?

LV said...

I would dearly love to browse through that place. Looks like it would take all day tho.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

OMG!...so glad I'm not close to that transferware store and other things, cause I would have the family bankrupt! I love your milk glass, (that's what that is, my hubby says, he knows) cake stand and the hobnail creamer and sugar bowl are perfect!! Great finds my dear, love them...(when no one's in sight show us what else!) Hugs, FABBY

JudyBug said...

Looks like a wonderful shop! There is nothing more fun than going in an antique shop for the first time! Love your milk glass. I have a few pieces of my grandmother's that I treasure.

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Oh, you're making me want to go back! :)

Mimi said...

What a wonderful place! And your newest treasures are awesome. I especially love that cake plate. Thanks for sharing at the Thrifty Groove

Debbie said...

The next time I'm in Atlanta, I am definitely going there. I meant to the last time. Your treasures are wonderful.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Nice finds. I love Milk Glass and have many items. There were many manufacturers that made milk glass so it's hard to tell from the photos who made it, but it's all pretty.

hugs,
Linda

Tammy at Tammy Loves Dishes said...

What a fabulous place to spend some time and money! I'm just drooling over all those dishes.

Your glasses look like clear Indiana Glass Whitehall. I have picked up some amber and green versions and am on the lookout for clear and blue. Nice find!

The cake stand is gorgeous! The sweet little creamer and sugar do look nice alongside.

Diann said...

Oh, I would have been drooling all over the place at that store! I love the finds you brought home. The cakestand is going to be so pretty on the table! Thank you for joining TTF and have a fun weekend!

Jeanne said...

I think the plate display would give me visual overload - but I sure would love to browse there!

I'm kind of a plate collector...

http://jeanneselep.blogspot.com/2011/01/hutch-of-blue-and-white-china.html