Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tea Party Tuesday


A few days ago I was visiting my mother in love when I spotted something that I had not noticed before. In her china cabinet was a collection of vintage dishes.

This very delicate china were all gathered together and looked so inviting.





So just like a little girl would do, I had a pretend Tea Party.

Just imagine that you are sitting down with me to enjoy a scone and a spot of tea.

I'll get the tea ready.

Please have a seat and let's enjoy some talk and fellowship together.

One lump or two??

Thanks so much for stopping by. I've so enjoyed having tea with you today. Have a tealightful rest of the day.

Please stop by Rhondi's blog and visit the other Tea Parties today. I have also linked up with Lady Katherine's Tea Time Tuesday.

14 comments:

Lady Katherine said...

This was so sweet! I love the tablecloth! Your Mother in love dishes are lovely. I just adore your teapot, I think it is a teapot in one? So pretty.

Snooze said...

very pretty ... i love my mother's cupboards for what i can find too

Rhondi said...

Hi Jocelyn
What a lovely set of china your mother had hidden away. I'm so glad you invited me for tea nad I just love scones too!
Thanks for joining my party.
Hugs, Rhondi

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Looks like a lovely set of dishes and I love Tea Parties!
Congrat's on the book win!!! It looks like a great one to have.
Sure want some spring around here!
Deb :)

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Scones, mmmmm, my favorite tea time treat!

Lady Katherine said...

Lovely! Glad to have you join me for Tea Time Tuesday!

The Charm of Home said...

Beautiful dishes! Such a lovely tea.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

That is such a beautiful tea set. Love the graceful lines of the teapot. laurie

Allie said...

How sweet - thanks for sharing tea!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

A lovely tea party! Those dishes are wonderful! Scone looks delicious, love them!

Katherine

GardenOfDaisies said...

OH it is fun to go searching through the cupboards at ones mothers house! We have a tea party when I visit too.. sadly not very often , because she lives quite a distance from me.

Nanette said...

What a beautiful set of dishes to use for a warm and inviting tea party. Everything looks wonderful. Don't you just love tea on Tuesdays!
Valerie

Diann said...

Oh that tea set is beautiful! And the teapot is just gorgeous!

Miss Janice said...

Thank you for inviting me to tea...love the tea service and the scones look delish!