Monday, February 29, 2016

Vintage Luncheon Dishes

For many years, when I would go "hunting" with my hubby's Aunt, we would be on the look out for these vintage glass dishes.




I've collected several designs and have at least 8 to 10 servings for each design. Not as many of the cups though. And unfortunately when I was bringing these dishes down from the cabinet, one of the cups made a crash landing on my unforgiving tile floor :-(

But isn't it fun to use these pretty glass sandwich dishes for a special occasion or luncheon? We recently hosted a bridal shower and using these glass dishes added so much elegance to the occasion.

And they are also just as nice to serve a special lunch for special friends.

9 comments:

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I also helped throw a bridal shower this past year where we used these vintage dishes. The lady who held the affair in her home had a collection, but not as large as yours! You are right that they make any occasion instantly elegant.

Elizabeth said...

I love it! Beautiful dishes make everything special !

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

A very nice collection of luncheon plates. Just perfect for the bridal luncheon!
Easter is coming soon.
warmly,
deb

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Your dishes are perfect for hosting any party! You have a lovely collection of them, Jocelyn, and I'm so glad you have shared them with us. Dishes can really help make a gathering special.

Blessings,
Sandi

Stacey said...

Absolutely wonderful! I can just picture a girly gathering of salads and laughter.

So glad you shared with Thoughts of Home on Thursday today. :)

Pat said...

Happy Cottage Quilter,
Thank you for an enjoyable stroll down Memory Lane!
Years ago, in our country church, these same vintage dishes were used at my Bridal Shower!
Fondly,
Pat

Decor To Adore said...

I adore these vintage lunch sets and keep hoping to find some to take home when I attend estate sales.
Thank you ever so much for linking up at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. Your presence adds such a ray of sunshine!

Val said...

I have one set of 4 but you make me want to look for more!!! Those are gorgeous!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Jocelyn, I am featuring your post at No Place Like Home this week. Have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi