Thursday, February 18, 2016

Deep Dish Pizza

Have you ever made deep dish pizza?  Me either. But I found there is a really easy way to make one. My daughter's friend visited us back in January, and she showed us how.

You can buy pizza dough at your local grocery store if you don't want to make you own.
Roll the dough until it is fairly thin. Then place inside a 9" baking pan.

Spread ricotta cheese in the bottom of the pan.

then layer pepperoni, spinach and lots of shredded mozzarella cheese.

Roll out the second dough for the top.

Press down the layered ingredients and lay the second dough on top, pressing down in the center to make a pool to add the sauce. Roll the two crusts together to seal the edges.


Make slits on the top and pour your sauce in the center. You can add pre-made sauce or make your own. 

Top with Parmesan cheese.

Bake at the hottest temperature the oven can go up to 500 degrees for 40 minutes. 

Let sit for at least 15 minutes before cutting.

If you prefer, you can change the ingredients to your liking.

Enjoy!





5 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh yum! That looks delicious especially with the fresh spinach. My son would be a happy camper if I tried this. Pinning.

Thanks for sharing this with Thoughts of Home on Thursday. :)

Laura said...

Oh my this looks delicious and practical.
I can do this!

Thank you for joining our 2nd Thoughts of Home on Thursday party!

*pinning to our TOHOT board.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

This is so different than any homemade pizza I have ever made so I have to try it! Sounds and looks so good!!

Decor To Adore said...

This looks scrumptious! I adore the addition of the spinach.
It is such a joy to have you join the gathering at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. You really help to elevate it to something very special.

The Charm of Home said...

Oh yum! I need to try this! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!